[RADIATOR] hook return question

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Sep 13 23:28:58 UTC 2019

Hi again -

The RADIUS protocol defines a number of different responses that a server must implement.

If the user credentials pass verification, then respond with Accept.

If the user credentials fail verification, then respond with Reject.

If the user credentials can’t be verified, as in the case of an SQL database failure or unreachable, then don’t respond at all - ie Ignore.

RADIUS clients are typically configured with a primary and secondary RADIUS server target, and will fail over if no response is received.

Have a look at the RADIUS RFC’s for details.