[RADIATOR] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: Problem with Radsec connections

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Fri Nov 8 15:34:12 UTC 2019

On 7.11.2019 17.27, Pedro Simões wrote:
> This server is a brand new machine  with a new CentOS. We are using
> version 7.6
>
> [root at cv-radius ~]# cat /etc/centos-release
> CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core)

Radiator log showed that it found these versions:

   Net::SSLeay 1.88, OpenSSL 1.1.1c

For CentOS 7.x I would have expected something like below:

>> * Tue Nov5 03:35:04 2019: INFO: Using Net::SSLeay 1.66 with SSL/TLS
>> library version 0x1000105f (OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips 11 Feb 2013)
>> * Tue Nov5 03:35:04 2019: NOTICE: Server started: Radiator 4.19 on
>> cv2-radius.fccn.pt

Based on the recent Net::SSLeay and OpenSSL versions, it seems that they
did not come with the base OS installation. In this case it's likely
that, for example, modifying /etc/pki/tls/openssl.cnf does not help
because OpenSSL 1.1.1c uses another location for its configuration file.

I see no reason why Net::SSLeay 1.88 and OpenSSL 1.1.1c would not work
with Radiator. What makes debugging this harder is that reproducing this
may not be easy.

Can you tell what local modifications, for example, new Net::SSLeay and
OpenSSL you have made to your CentOS 7.6 base system?

Thanks,
Heikki

anywhere. SQL, proxy, DBM, files, LDAP, TACACS+, PAM, Active Directory,
EAP, TLS, TTLS, PEAP, WiMAX, RSA, Vasco, Yubikey, HOTP, TOTP,
DIAMETER etc. Full source on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, etc.