[RADIATOR] Dictionary issue CUI attribute

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Tue Mar 12 13:10:43 UTC 2019

On 11/03/2019 14.59, Dubravko Penezic wrote:

> according RFC4372 https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4372 CUI
> Chargeable-User-Identity RADIUS attribute is string.
>
> RADIATOR dictionary has follow definition :
>
> ATTRIBUTE       Chargeable-User-Identity        89      binary
>
> probably I may change it to string without any additional issues ?

Please keep it as binary. This is safe with CUI because it can contain
any octet value.

What you are seeing above is old terminology that's present in
Radiator's dictionary. Current RADIUS RFC 2865 is clear that 'string' is
binary data. For this reason using 'binary' like above is actually the
same as using 'string' in RFC 2865 terminology.

We'll clearify the documentation for this too.

If you are considering changing this because you are seeing issues with
CUI, please let us know more.

Thanks,
Heikki

anywhere. SQL, proxy, DBM, files, LDAP, TACACS+, PAM, Active Directory,
EAP, TLS, TTLS, PEAP, WiMAX, RSA, Vasco, Yubikey, HOTP, TOTP,
DIAMETER etc. Full source on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, etc.