[RADIATOR] DUO looping after upgrade to 4.22

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Tue Jan 29 15:27:30 UTC 2019

On 28/01/2019 22.46, Eric W. Bates wrote:

> Mon Jan 28 15:37:39 2019 280436: DEBUG: Auth DUO added request 61
> Mon Jan 28 15:37:40 2019 282984: DEBUG: AuthBy DUO received response 61:
> 200 OK
> Mon Jan 28 15:37:40 2019 283191: DEBUG: AuthBy DUO received response 61:
> {"response": {"time": 1548707859}, "stat": "OK"}

> Trace is on (obviously); but the DUO section in the config was only used
> for testing. Nothing (that I'm aware of) is actually making any queries
> to that AuthBy.

That's API alive check that is now on by default. You can control it
with configuration parameter CheckTimerInterval which defaults to 5. In
other words, server is pinged every five seconds.

If you set this parameter to 0, the check is disabled.

This was added at the same time when the PreAuth parameter was added.
You may have noticed that PreAuth is now possible and enabled by default:

https://open.com.au/radiator/ref/PreAuth_AuthByDUO.html

CheckTimerInterval seems not to be documented for some reason, but I'll
see that this gets fixed for the next release.

Thanks,
Heikki

anywhere. SQL, proxy, DBM, files, LDAP, TACACS+, PAM, Active Directory,
EAP, TLS, TTLS, PEAP, WiMAX, RSA, Vasco, Yubikey, HOTP, TOTP,
DIAMETER etc. Full source on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, etc.