[RADIATOR] bulk add users

Eric W. Bates ericx at whoi.edu
Wed May 23 22:43:18 UTC 2018

On 05/23/2018 08:48 AM, Heikki Vatiainen wrote:

> There's goodies/convert in Radmin distribution that might be useful to
> see how to insert user entries in RADUSER for Radmin. However, it does
> not touch check or reply attributes but may be useful to see how to set
> time columns and other columns in RADUSER.
>
> I'd say the approach to use is to add some test users with Radmin and
> see how the user and profile check and reply items are added to the
> database. The user and profile attributes items are stored and used
> similarly. When you are familiar with the meaning of 'ivalue' and
> 'svalue' (integer or string value) and 'item_type' (<10000 is for check
> items) columns, you can consider the various import mechanisms (CSV,
> etc.) your DB supports.
>
> One way to experiment with Radmin is to download the evaluation OVA
> format virtual machine image. It has Radmin installed, soon updated to
> Radmin 1.16, and might be the easiest way to test importing data.

I'm currently interested in attributes only so far as buildsql requires
it. Every summer we have 50-60 post doctoral interns arrive and we want
to get them access to our wireless. Our user support team is presented
with a spreadsheet and I want to crunch that into Radiator without the
need to enter each one individually.

convert looks pretty straight forward and there's a nice suite of DBI
functions; so I think I can pull it off.

Thank you.