[RADIATOR] bulk add users

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Wed May 23 12:48:15 UTC 2018

On 23/05/2018 2.30, Hugh Irvine wrote:

> Radmin uses a more complicated structure for services and I’m not sure what the answer is.
>
> I’ve copied Heikki on this email and hopefully he can help.

There's goodies/convert in Radmin distribution that might be useful to
see how to insert user entries in RADUSER for Radmin. However, it does
not touch check or reply attributes but may be useful to see how to set
time columns and other columns in RADUSER.

I'd say the approach to use is to add some test users with Radmin and
see how the user and profile check and reply items are added to the
database. The user and profile attributes items are stored and used
similarly. When you are familiar with the meaning of 'ivalue' and
'svalue' (integer or string value) and 'item_type' (<10000 is for check
items) columns, you can consider the various import mechanisms (CSV,
etc.) your DB supports.

One way to experiment with Radmin is to download the evaluation OVA
format virtual machine image. It has Radmin installed, soon updated to
Radmin 1.16, and might be the easiest way to test importing data.

Thanks,
Heikki

anywhere. SQL, proxy, DBM, files, LDAP, TACACS+, PAM, Active Directory,
EAP, TLS, TTLS, PEAP, WiMAX, RSA, Vasco, Yubikey, HOTP, TOTP,
DIAMETER etc. Full source on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, etc.