[RADIATOR] Special characters in passwords using mschapv2 (eduroam)

Henk van Lingen H.G.K.vanLingen at uu.nl
Wed Jul 4 08:40:40 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jul 03, 2018 at 07:02:15PM +0200, Alfred Reibenschuh wrote:
  > hello
  >

  > seams like the Radius::MSCHAP::ASCIItoUnicode function is not Unicode save.

  It looks like in my case the function check_mschapv2 is called whereas
  ASCIItoUnicode is being used in check_mschapv2_plaintext?

  I'm trying to understand how this works. Am i right that the
  eduroam client is creating the respons hash and radiator is making the
  challenge hash based on the plaintext pwd it gets from the LDAP server
  (via GetNovellUP)?

  Regards,

--
Henk van Lingen, ITS Infrastructuur & Exploitatie,
Universiteit Utrecht, Heidelberglaan 8, room 3.50