[RADIATOR] Radiator service install on Windows Server 2016 leaves a NOT_STOPPABLE service

Sami Keski-Kasari samikk at open.com.au
Tue Jan 10 13:28:58 UTC 2017

Hello Robert,

Thank you for reporting this.
It seems that there are some changes in Windows server 2016 service
manager defaults.
In windows server 2016 service must declare controls that it accepts.

We need to test this before putting it to the patches a little bit more
with other windows versions.

In meanwhile, you can manually edit Win32Service.pm by adding following
lines marked in + before StartService():

  sub service
  {
+    &Win32::Daemon::AcceptedControls(SERVICE_ACCEPT_STOP|
+                                    SERVICE_ACCEPT_SHUTDOWN|
+                                    SERVICE_ACCEPT_PAUSE_CONTINUE);
      &Win32::Daemon::StartService();

Best Regards,
  Sami

--