[RADIATOR] more memory leakage?

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon Sep 26 14:10:14 CDT 2016

On 26.09.2016 16:40, Fredrik Pettai wrote:

> I saw that 4.17 was released, and it was plugging at least one memory leak according to the Release notes.
> So I’ve upgraded our systems now, but it still looks like Radiator is continuing to consume memory at a very fast phase...

Can you reply to me directly with your configuration (no secrets or
passwords needed)? I'd like to see what you have enabled and what the
parameters are.

The leak Niels reported happened when radiusd was reloaded to read
configuration changes. Do you do this also? We got a report that there
still seems to be a memory leak wit reload case and we are looking at
this. I'm wondering if this might be related. Or do you see it to grow
even without a reload?

> (A rough guestimate of the number of radius authentications handled by these servers is ~500.000 Accepts/Rejects per day, RADSEC is enabled/running too...)

Do you have an estimate of unique users? Do most of them use EAP such as
PEAP or EAP-TTLS?

Thanks,
Heikki