[RADIATOR] <AuthBy FILE> syntax

Tuure Vartiainen vartiait at open.com.au
Wed May 11 11:37:17 CDT 2016

Hello,

> On 10 May 2016, at 21:58, John Goubeaux <goubeaux at education.ucsb.edu> wrote:
>
> So, the question is CAN I insert another <AuthBy FILE>  method after
> <AuthBy LDAP2> and will this work as I want IF the user is not in the
> LDAP Directory, eg IF LDAP fail;s will it drop down to the next
> <AuthBy> statement ?  OR do I need to add another <AuthBy GROUP>  all
> together in order for this to work ?

if a user can not be found from LDAP, AuthBy LDAP2 returns REJECT
and if LDAP connection fails, it will return IGNORE, so you could do it like

<AuthBy GROUP>
    AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilReject
    <AuthBy FILE>
        Identifier MAC-Blacklist
        Blacklist
    </AuthBy>
    <AuthBy FILE>
        Identifier User-Blacklist
        Blacklist
    </AuthBy>
    <AuthBy GROUP>
        AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAcceptOrChallenge
        <AuthBy LDAP2>
            Identifier LDAP-Users
        <AuthBy FILE>
            Identifier Local-Users

Please see Radiator reference manual (http://www.open.com.au/radiator/ref.pdf)
section "5.27.1 AuthByPolicy" for different policies.

BR
--
Tuure Vartiainen <vartiait at open.com.au>

NetWare etc.