[RADIATOR] Questions regarding new release and current roadmap

Nadav Hod nadav.hod at comm-it.co.il
Wed Jun 29 04:16:04 CDT 2016

Hi Heikki,

Thanks for the update.

1) Any news on uploading the roadmap?

2) Thanks for taking an interest. The features I'm interested in are the following:

2.1) OCSP + OCSP stapling. I've heard this is on the roadmap for the near future.

2.2) TLS resumption support by Session Tickets (RFC 5077). Another option is to just wait for TLS 1.3 support although it would take several years until most clients in an organization would support TLS 1.3, if at all.

2.3) Multithreading support for Windows Server (at the moment I'm using a master service and splitting the handling of different authentication methods to different Windows services).

2.4) A mature, flexible and robust web GUI, preferably one that can manage distributed Radiator servers. The web GUI I'm using for 4.15 isn't much help for maintaining configuration and reading log files, let alone multiple configuration files. Therefore I need to remote desktop into the Radiator server in order to manage anything. This is compounded further if you're using many Radiator servers.

2.5) A method of synchronizing configuration files (apart from certain variables) across multiple servers. If all Radiator servers have very similar configuration and are distributed for load balancing and redundancy, it's a shame that the configuration needs to be managed and configured separately for each server. There are differences between servers, but the bulk of the configuration can remain the same.

There is 3rd party software such as rsync for synchronizing files, but the variables for each Radiator configuration file have to be within the file itself (as far as I can tell). If the variables could be configured outside of each configuration file, such as a header file, this would allow for synchronizing the configuration files effectively across all servers while still taking into account the differences between each server.

2.6) A more secure method for storing credentials, at the moment they can only be stored locally on the Radiator servers. Perhaps integration with popular 3rd party solutions (such as CyberArk) if their API permits it.

That's my wishlist :)