[RADIATOR] Is the Radiator NFV customizable?

Nadav Hod nadav.hod at comm-it.co.il
Mon Jun 27 02:34:35 CDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I have the impression that the VNF is much like an appliance, where the only interface the user has with the VNF is the configuration file. I was hoping the amazing Radiator team could clear up the following issues:

1) Is the operating system (CentOS if I recall correctly) fully writeable so that other applications can interface with Radiator (such as logrotate, rsync etc.)?

2) Can patches (including security) be applied to the underlying OS? Does this void warranty?

3) Are there any common use cases when it's best not to use Radiator as NFV?

4) Does the VNF include all the common perl modules necessary for Radiator? Can more be installed and updated?

5) What are the specs for the VNF? Is there any resource allocation necessary from the hypervisor's side?

If anyone has other questions regarding Radiator NFV, feel free to piggyback on this thread.

Thanks!