[RADIATOR] Eduroam, load balancer, and NAT

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Fri Jan 29 11:11:11 CST 2016

On 22.1.2016 1.22, Barry Ard wrote:

> We have recently migrated our RADIUS wireless infrastructure to use our
> F5 load balancers. We have effectively moved from 2 big iron radius
> servers with many radiator processes to 15 VMs and 2 redundant F5s doing
> the proxying. It has been working very well since Christmas. What I
> haven't figured out is how to include our Eduroam configs. Do we have to
> get away from our NATed f5 config and go to routed?
>
> Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

I thought I'd check if you have received any answers on this. I don't
have any specific advice, but maybe you could describe what/how the
eduroam config is problematic with the NATed configuration. Are the
eduroam root servers expecting to see Radiator server addresses directly
instead of F5 IPs?

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.