[RADIATOR] debian package of Radiator

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon Feb 29 13:20:57 CST 2016

On 02/03/2016 05:16 PM, Jan Tomasek wrote:

> Intstructions to do so:
> 	https://github.com/CESNET/radiator-package/tree/master/Radiator/debian
>
> Not sure if OSC interested in packaging.

Yes, this is interesting. I have not tried it yet, but will do so.

> It is posible to take debian
> directory and it's content and put it into Radiator distribution tar
> file. With this every user of Radiator could build their own Debian
> package.

Hmm, maybe some changes are needed to match specific releases? Version 8
introduced systemd and, as an example, this might require some changes
so that correct kind of startup file is installed. However, as I
mentioned I did not try it yet.

In any case, a package is a good idea because it makes it easy to
install the dependencies too.

> Only thing which must be done with every release is to modify
> debian/changelog file and add there new section for new version. The
> rest should be prety stable. Not too much work I think,

One thing I noticed is that the control file has libnet-ssleay-perl
listed twice as a dependency: once without version and second time with
version 1.65 or more recent. A quick look at the packaging docs did not
say anything about this so maybe this needs a check.

> I'm not very experinced debian package mantainer, in fact this my first
> and the only one package ;)

Thanks for sharing this! I'll get back to this once I have done some
experimenting with Debian, and probably Ubuntu too.

Heikki

NetWare etc.