[RADIATOR] How to combine HASHBALANCE with AuthBy RadSec?

Tuure Vartiainen vartiait at open.com.au
Tue Sep 8 04:12:03 CDT 2015

Hi,

> On 07 Sep 2015, at 12:18, Jan Tomasek <jan at tomasek.cz> wrote:
>
> I'm experimenting with FarmSize and AuthBy HASHBALANCE it works great!

nice to hear :)

> But I need to forward auth requests to RadSec not RADIUS hosts. Is it
> possible somehow?

Unfortunately, HASHBALANCE only works with AuthBy RADIUS, as it inherits from
AuthBy RADIUS and just overrides the chooseHost() function.

Same functionality could be achieved by running three instances of Radiator
on a same host, where first uses HASHBALANCE to proxy UDP RADIUS requests to
other instances which proxy requests with RadSec:

                            --2nd Radiator--RadSec-->

1st Radiator--HASHBALANCE--

                            --3rd Radiator--RadSec-->

Or by creating a new AuthHASHBALANCERADSEC.pm based on AuthHASHBALANCE.pm, but
which inherits from AuthRADSEC :)

Currently Gossip notifications only work with AuthBy RADIUS.

We’ll add a Gossip support for RadSec later, probably to 4.16 patches, and look
into implementing equivalent balancing support for RadSec as what there is currently
for RADIUS:

AuthEAPBALANCE.pm
AuthHASHBALANCE.pm
AuthLOADBALANCE.pm