[RADIATOR] ClientListSQL RefreshPeriod parameter problem

Bengi Sağlam bengi at socialandbeyond.com
Tue Mar 3 10:20:30 CST 2015

Hi all,

I have been fetching client details from the SQL database by using the
<ClientListSQL>
clause. For the configuration of the radiator I have defined some global
variables, and some of them are for configuring client list clause as it
seen below:

DefineGlobalVar host 81.45.20.137
DefineGlobalVar port 5432
DefineGlobalVar dbname bengiRadius
DefineGlobalVar dbusername bengi
DefineGlobalVar clientListRefreshPeriod 60
DefineGlobalVar getClientQuery SELECT TEXTCAT('MAC:', r.NASID) AS
NAME,...........

<ClientListSQL>
        DBSource
 dbi:Pg:dbname=%{GlobalVar:dbname};host=%{GlobalVar:host};port=%{GlobalVar:port}
        DBUsername      %{GlobalVar:dbusername}
        GetClientQuery  %{GlobalVar:getClientQuery}
        RefreshPeriod   %{GlobalVar:clientListRefreshPeriod}
</ClientListSQL>

My problem is "RefreshPeriod" parameter of the clause. When I hardcode
it ClientListSQL
refreshing its client list by rereading the database , however when I
define the parameter as global variable it fails, and does not refresh the
list. Isn't it possible to use a global variable to define RefreshPeriod?

Regards,
Bengi Saglam.

   1.