[RADIATOR] Radiator Version 4.15 released - security fixes and enhancements

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Thu Jul 16 08:07:08 CDT 2015

On 16.7.2015 13.42, Hartmaier Alexander wrote:

> I couldn't find info about CEF and JSON logging in the reference manual,
> should be included at least as keywords with a pointer to the
> 'logformat.cfg' goodies file although I'd prefer having it in the main docs.

Good point. I'll see that CEF and JSON will be mentioned in ref.pdf

The configuration sample file 'logformat.cfg' is mentioned where
LogFormatHook for Log FILE and AuthLog FILE are described. It's also
mentioned where AcctLogFileFormatHook for accounting messages is described.

The configuration sample shows how to use the new module
Radius/LogFormat.pm. This module includes CEF and JSON authentication
log formatting and JSON accounting log formatting.

There's also an example of how to use a custom module, possibly modified
from Radius/LogFormat.pm, to change the formatting or add new formats.

> Is there a way to log the used TLS version and cipher to find out which
> ones are in use before restricting it with the new EAPTLS_Protocols and
> EAPTLS_Ciphers config options?

I think the ciphers are the ones that can be listed with 'openssl
ciphers -v' these depend on the SSL/TLS library. Older OpenSSL versions
seem to have quite different set of ciphers than the most recent
LibreSSL for example.

In other words the ciphers could be listed by radiusd, but you can also
see them from the command line. Also, new DEBUG level log message was
added to show which Net::SSLeay version and SSL/TLS libary is used to
make sure radiusd uses what you expect it to.

The protocols also depend on what's compiled in the SSL/TLS library. I
think the recent LibreSSLs do not have SSLv3 support anymore. Are you
thinking about printing the available SSL/TLS versions before
restricting them? Note that for TLS based EAPs, TLSv1 is the minimum so
SSLv3 is not possible which means what you can use is TLSv1 or better.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.