[RADIATOR] Radiator Version 4.15 released - security fixes and enhancements

Hartmaier Alexander alexander.hartmaier at t-systems.at
Thu Jul 16 05:42:03 CDT 2015

Hi Heikki,
that's a great release!

I couldn't find info about CEF and JSON logging in the reference manual,
should be included at least as keywords with a pointer to the
'logformat.cfg' goodies file although I'd prefer having it in the main docs.

Is there a way to log the used TLS version and cipher to find out which
ones are in use before restricting it with the new EAPTLS_Protocols and
EAPTLS_Ciphers config options?

Best regards, Alex

On 2015-07-15 14:40, Heikki Vatiainen wrote:
> We are pleased to announce the release of Radiator version 4.15
>
> This version contains fixes for an EAP-MSCHAP-V2 and EAP-pwd
> vulnerability. Upgrade is recommended. Please review OSC security
> advisory OSC-SEC-2015-01 for more information:
> https://www.open.com.au/OSC-SEC-2015-01.html
>
> As usual, the new version is available to current licensees from:
> https://www.open.com.au/radiator/downloads/
>
> and to current evaluators from:
> https://www.open.com.au/radiator/demo-downloads
>
> Licensees with expired access contracts can renew at:
> https://www.open.com.au/renewal.html
>
> An extract from the history file
> https://www.open.com.au/radiator/history.html is below:
>
> -----------------------------
>
> Revision 4.15 (2015-07-15)
>
>       Selected fixes, compatibility notes and enhancements
>
> Fixes an EAP-MSCHAP-V2 and EAP-pwd vulnerability.
> OSC recommends all users to review OSC security advisory
> OSC-SEC-2015-01 to see if they are affected.
> https://www.open.com.au/OSC-SEC-2015-01.html
>
> perl-ldap-0.32 or better is required. Should be available in all current
> systems.
>
> EAP-pwd requires Crypt::OpenSSL::Bignum 0.06 or later from CPAN
>
> Configurable TLS version and ciphersuite selection for TLS based EAP and
> stream modules
>
> CRL checks for the entire certificate chain can now be enabled
>
> Included Gossip framework with Redis based implementation
>
> Support for Gossip when communicating next hop proxy failures between
> Radiator instances
>
> Shared duplicate cache for a more simple server farm configuration
>
> Windows Event log support
>
> Custom format support for logs, authentication logs and accounting logs.
> CEF and JSON included
>
> Support for IEEE 802.1AE, also known as MACsec
>
> All AuthBys now support PostAuthHooks
>
> Various binary modules are now available from OSC and were removed from
> the Radiator distribution
>

>       Detailed changes
>
> Added VENDOR STI (Server Technology Inc.) 1718 and multiple STI VSAs to
> dictionary. Contributed by Garry Shtern.
>
> Added VENDOR PacketDesign 8083 and VSAs PacketDesign-UserClass and
> PacketDesign-FTP to dictionary. Contributed by Garry Shtern.
>
> Added SN-Software-Version to dictionary. Reported by Bruno Tiago Rodrigues.
>
> Changed type of VENDORATTR 3076 Cisco-VPN-DHCP-Network-Scope in
> dictionary.cisco-vpn from text to ipaddr. Reported by Kilian Krause.
>
> Dictionary updates: Added H3C proprietary values H3C-SSH and H3C-Console
> for Login-Service. Changed Lancom LCS-Mac-Address type from string to
> hexadecimal. Added H3C-Priority. All reported by Philip Herbert.
>
> Zero length writes are now skipped in Stream.pm write_pending() used by
> RadSec, Diameter, SIGTRAN and other stream protocols. SCTP does not
> support 0 length syswrites on all platforms and may close the socket if
> zero length write is done.
>
> Added VENDOR Airespace 14179 VSAs 7-11 and 13-16 to dictionary.

> [...]

T-Systems Austria GesmbH Rennweg 97-99, 1030 Wien
Handelsgericht Wien, FN 79340b
Notice: This e-mail contains information that is confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and then
delete this e-mail immediately.