[RADIATOR] Additional radius attributes for particular users on shared realm :: how to?!!

Mohammed Alhaj Ali m.alhaj at itc.sa
Thu Jan 29 06:42:11 CST 2015

Hi Hugh,

Thank you for your reply,

Please note that this user share one realm with other subscribers, and also maybe other realms start with same user name, what I need to do is to configure this parameter under responding realm, kindly check the below realm configuration and how we can add additional attribute for some subscribers which their accounts started with specific characters..

I need to include this configuration under the below handler:

<Handler Realm=/^(512|1024|2048)\.itc\.net\.sa$/>
        AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileReject
        AuthBy dpool
        AuthBy flat
        PostAuthHook file:"%D/FixedIP"
        PacketTrace
</Handler>

Suppose that user name is 'pizzahut37 at 1024.itc.net.sa', which's share same realm, whenever you find 'pizza*' on user name just add other additional attribute to reply.

AddToReply cisco-avpair = ip:sub-qos-policy-in=ISP_1024_UpStream, cisco-avpair = ip:sub-qos-policy-out=ISP_1024_DownStream, cisco-avpair = "lcp:interface-config=description *******> PizzaHut <*******", cisco-avpair = "lcp:interface-config=ip vrf forwarding PizzaHut", cisco-avpair = "lcp:interface-config=ip unnumbered loopback 99"

Thank you!

Regards,

The answer to this depends on what else you are doing in your configuration file.

The simplest way to do it is with Handlers (not Realms) like this:

…….

<Handler User-Name = /^xyz/>
        <AuthBy ….>
                …..
                AddToReply cisco-avpair = ip:sub-qos-policy-in=ISP_1024_UpStream,
                        cisco-avpair = ip:sub-qos-policy-out=ISP_1024_DownStream,
                        cisco-avpair = "lcp:interface-config=description *******> XYZ <*******”,
                        cisco-avpair = "lcp:interface-config=ip vrf forwarding xyz”,
                        cisco-avpair = "lcp:interface-config=ip unnumbered loopback 99”,
                        Framed-MTU = 1492,
                        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
                        Service-Type = Framed-User
        </AuthBy>
</Handler>

<Handler>
        <AuthBy ….>
                …..
        </AuthBy>
</Handler>

…..

There are many other possibilities depending on your exact requirements.