[RADIATOR] [Radiator] Error connecting to readonly RADMIN Mysql DB

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Fri Apr 3 15:18:59 CDT 2015

On 03/19/2015 02:49 PM, Heikki Vatiainen wrote:
> On 03/19/2015 12:18 PM, Laurent Duru wrote:
>
>> Thu Mar 19 11:11:11 2015: ERR: Execute failed for 'select PASS_WORD,
>> STATICADDRESS, TIMELEFT, MAXLOGINS, SERVICENAME, BADLOGINS, VALIDFROM,
>> VALIDTO from RADUSERS where USERNAME=‘XXXXX'': Can't call method
>> "prepare" on an undefined value at /usr/lib/perl5/Radius/SqlDb.pm line 287.
>
> I have not seen this before. Can you reply with your configuration. I'd
> like to see what kind of configuration triggers this problem.
>
> I'd say using read-only database should work. The configuration would
> also help understanding what your requirements are.

This problem was solved off-list, but I thought I'd summarise the cause
and fix.

The AuthBy RADMIN default LogQuery was still trying to write to the
read-only SQL DB. Since the writer was a logger, the SQL error that
occurred during logging was not passed to the logger anymore. This is to
stop the log messages caused by logging from creating infinite log loops.

When LogQuery is configured with empty value, the query is skipped.

We are considering options, such as logging to stderr, to help debugging
these kinds of cases with logs.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.