[RADIATOR] Duplicate request issues

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Nov 24 16:10:00 CST 2014

Hello Patrick -

This sounds to me like the internal servers are not processing requests quickly enough and don’t respond to the external servers before the external servers time out and resend.

When the resent request arrives at the internal server(s) they are indeed marked as duplicates because the previous request is still in process.

We often see this sort of problem with slow responses from authentication resources like SQL and/or LDAP databases.

A trace 4 debug with LogMicroseconds will show you exactly where the time is being spent waiting.

Of course it may not be the external servers that are timing out - it may be the upstream devices and/or proxies that are resending.

In any case, trace 4 debug with LogMicroseconds will show what Radiator is doing (or not doing), and the corresponding Wireshark trace will show you what packets are actually on the wire.