[RADIATOR] overlapping Client clauses
dmrz at illinois.edu
Tue Jun 24 11:10:47 CDT 2014
It would be nice if the manual documented what happens when an incoming
request is potentially capable of matching more than one Client clause.
Here's what I've figured out on my own (as of 4.13), in case it helps
others in the meanwhile:
* If multiple Client clauses have an exact match (same IP, or hostnames
resolving to same IP), the *last* one listed in the configuration wins.
* Any exact match beats any CIDR match.
and it also looks like, but I haven't tested:
* A longer-prefix CIDR match beats a shorter-prefix CIDR match.
* If multiple Client clauses have the same CIDR, the *last* one listed
in the configuration wins.
* A CIDR match beats a MAC match.
P.S. Yes, it's probably a better idea to avoid having overlaps in the
first place, but sometimes that's a lot of extra work.
More information about the radiator