[RADIATOR] How to get rid of passwords in configuration files

Johannes Demel demel at zid.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jul 30 11:02:36 CDT 2014

I would like to hide all passwords and simular items from the radiator configuration file.

To do this, I wrote a startup-hook script, which reads all senstive Items into global variables
from a file (which can by encrypted) which I want to use in the configuration file.
This works fine in some cases, but did not work in other statements:

Where it works:
DBAuth          %{GlobalVar:SQLAuth}
GetClientQuery          select NASIDENTIFIER, %{Quote:%{GlobalVar:Client_8021x}} ......

where it does not work
ROCommunity     %{GlobalVar:SNMP_ro}
Secret                  %{GlobalVar:Client_localhost}
RcryptKey %{GlobalVar:Secret_rcrypt}

In the case, when it does not work, the complete string (eg %{GlobalVar:Client_localhost})
is used for secret / password.
Is this intentional or a bug.
How can I get rid of all passwords from the configuration file (without a preprocessor
of the configuration file).

Regards, Johannes

----
Johannes Demel demel at zid.tuwien.ac.at Johannes.Demel at tuwien.ac.at
Information Technology Services, Head of Communication Group
Vienna University of Technology, Austria
Wiedner Hauptstrasse 8-10/020, A 1040 Wien, Austria
Tel: +43 (1) 58801-42040 Fax: +43(1) 58801-42099