[RADIATOR] DIAMETER support in RADIATOR

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Thu Jan 16 07:45:05 CST 2014

On 01/15/2014 07:27 PM, Leigh Porter wrote:

> I’m in need of some basic DIAMETER support. RADIATOR seemingly can
> gateway between DIAMETER and RADIUS but can I add a DIAMETER handler to
> trigger a function to do something and send a response? Or would I need
> to gateway to RADIUS first and then handle the request?

Currently the easiest way to accomplish this might be to use
PostDiaToRadiusConversionHook and PostRadiusToDiaConversionHook. The
latter runs after Radiator has converted the request and allows you to
do any modifications to the Diameter reply before it is sent back to the
Diameter peer.

You could have something very simple as AuthBy and do the most of the
work in the hook or maybe do some of the work in the AuthBy and the rest
in the hook.

See goodies/diameter-server.cfg for more about the hooks.

We are currently enhancing the Diameter support so that there is no need
to go through RADIUS conversion. This applies to a number of mostly 3GPP
applications.

We would be interested to hear which Diameter applications you are
working on.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.