[RADIATOR] AuthLog SYSLOG - LogOpt PID

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Fri Feb 28 03:20:03 CST 2014

On 02/24/2014 11:23 AM, Kurt Bauer wrote:

> Yes I tried, but it didn't make any difference. Seems 'pid' is always used.
> I manually changed $self->{LogOpt} in AuthLogSYSLOG.pm and LogSYSLOG.pm
> from 'pid' to 'cons', which does the 'trick', but is a "dirty hack" of
> course.

I did some testing with Ubuntu 12.04 and Radiator 4.12.1 but had
different results. Setting LogOpt to 'cons' changed the format so that
the PID was not printed anymore. Also, an empty value, that is just
LogOpt with no value, worked to remove the PID.

>> As a more permanent solution, I think an empty value can be allowed by
>> Radiator for LogOpt to turn off any non-default options.

As mentioned above, it worked for me. This might be caused by different
Sys-Syslog versions. Ubuntu 12.04 uses Sys-Syslog version 0.27.

> That would be best I think. Having the hostname as LogIdent and no
> LogOpt (even the trailing colon may be omitted) would be the most
> generic approach and the waz standard remote syslog works.

The trailing colon is added by Sys-Syslog. Radiator does not add it, so
you would need to change Sys-Syslog to get rid of it.

In summary: I was able to change LogOpt to drop the PID variable. Empty
value for LogOpt worked as did setting the value to cons. I'm not sure
if this difference comes from Radiator or Sys-Syslog version.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.