[RADIATOR] AuthLog SYSLOG - LogOpt PID

Kurt Bauer kurt.bauer at univie.ac.at
Mon Feb 24 03:23:29 CST 2014

Hello Heikki,

> Heikki Vatiainen <mailto:hvn at open.com.au>
> 23. Februar 2014 22:42
> On 02/21/2014 05:58 PM, Kurt Bauer wrote:
>
>> Too easily find the logs from various servers apart I added a custom
>> LogIdent parameter per Server, which works as expected. The problem now
>> is, that Radiator appends the pid in square brackets to the LogIdent,
>> which means, that the central tool identifies a new source whenever
>> radiator is restarted, as the LogIdent as a whole changes.
>> Is there away to omit the pid?
>
> Hello Kurt,
>
> have you tried using for example, cons as LogOpt option value? It
> appears this option is ignored by the recent Sys::Syslog modules.

Yes I tried, but it didn't make any difference. Seems 'pid' is always used.
I manually changed $self->{LogOpt} in AuthLogSYSLOG.pm and LogSYSLOG.pm
from 'pid' to 'cons', which does the 'trick', but is a "dirty hack" of
course.

>> I tried with just leaving LogOpt empty, which apparently doesn't work.
>
> As a more permanent solution, I think an empty value can be allowed by
> Radiator for LogOpt to turn off any non-default options.
That would be best I think. Having the hostname as LogIdent and no
LogOpt (even the trailing colon may be omitted) would be the most
generic approach and the waz standard remote syslog works.

Thanks a lot,
best regards,
Kurt