[RADIATOR] Delayed Stop Record and Active Sessions

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Wed Feb 19 14:40:20 CST 2014

On 02/19/2014 09:22 PM, rohan.henry @cwjamaica.com wrote:

> How can fix an issue where the DeleteQuery statement in my Sessions DB
> config deletes the row for a new active session because of a delayed
> Stop record?

A quick idea: Do you think the DeleteQuery could be changed to include
Acct-Session-Id in the query. That is, the NAS-Port, etc, and
Acct-Session-Id must match the existing entry.

If the session has been replaced, the delete will not match any rows
because the new entry on the row it would otherwise match has a
different session id that belongs to the new session.

Please let us know how this works.
Thanks,
Heikki

> Scenario:
>
> 1. A session is up (and row entered in the database for active session)
> 2. The session is dropped because of a premature disconnection (eg.
> modem line cable unplugged) but Stop record is delayed.
> 3. New session is created after modem line cable is restored (and after
> DeleteQuery statement removes database row for previous session)
> 4. The delayed Stop record finally comes in - the DeleteQuery statement
> now removes the row for the active session (An unwanted behavior).
>
> How do I compensate for the delayed Stop record that is causing active
> session database records to be deleted?

NetWare etc.