[RADIATOR] add Attributes when retrying to a new Host in AuthROUNDROBIN

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon Aug 25 14:51:07 CDT 2014

On 08/20/2014 03:03 AM, David Zych wrote:
> On 08/19/2014 04:07 PM, Heikki Vatiainen wrote:
>> On 08/19/2014 01:00 AM, David Zych wrote:
>>
>>> How can I set a new attribute value on a request _each_ time I
>>> attempt to proxy it using AuthRADIUS and friends?  I'm thinking a
>>> "PreForwardHook" would be ideal, but I don't see anything like that
>>> currently implemented.  Is there another solution I'm not seeing, or
>>> if not, would it be possible to add such a hook?
>>
>> A hook that is called when a timeout occurs should do the trick.
>
> I agree, a timeout hook would also work nicely for what I need.

There is now ReplyTimeoutHook in Radiator 4.13 patches. The arguments it
is passed are the same as the arguments of NoReplyHook except that there
are only two arguments. If you need to access the reply, 3rd argument
with NoReplyHook, it's available via $p->{rp} as usually.

This hook is called when there is no reply from the current Host. It is
not called for every retransmission, only when the current Host is
deemed to have failed for the request. After the hook is called, the
next Host is tried, if there is one.

Please let me know how it works.

Thanks,
Heikki