[RADIATOR] Perl expressions

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon Oct 21 13:54:25 CDT 2013

On 10/21/2013 06:44 PM, Michael Hulko wrote:
> Sorry for the noob type question...but is it possible to evaluate a perl
> expression WITHOUT wrapping the perl code in a Hook?

Hello Michael,

I do not there is support for evaluate.

> such as for example:
>
> <Handler TunnelledByPEAP=1>
> Identifier xxxx
> Authby NTLM
> PostAuthHook file:"%D/xxx.hook"
> AddToReply User-Vlan = $vlan = 620+int(rand(9));
> </Handler>

For this particular example, I would calculate $vlan with PostAuthHook,
add it to $p (request) as e.g. X-rand-vlan and then do something like:
AddToReply User-Vlan=%{X-rand-vlan}

That would still give some hint that User-Vlan value is something special.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.