[RADIATOR] Missing info from error message

Johnson, Neil M neil-johnson at uiowa.edu
Wed Nov 27 11:01:43 CST 2013

It does appear that there are issues cascading RADIATOR servers that are
all using <AuthBy EAPBALANCE> because the RADIUS "State" attribute used to
track the EAP conversations gets mangled as the message progresses through
the chain of servers.

To make things work with the US NTLRS servers they graciously stopped
using EAPBALANCE to load balance between our servers and moved to a
traditional primary/backup model, but obviously I can't ask everyone to do
that :-).

The RADIATOR folks recommended I try HASHBALANCE instead, but I like the
extra assurance that EAP conversations don't get broken up.

I'm not exactly sure how to solve the issue. Would it be possible for
RADIATOR to treat the State attribute as a stack and "push" the Id onto
attribute and then "pop" it off as it goes back and forth through the
chain of servers?

-Neil

--
Neil Johnson