[RADIATOR] Radmin and Database

rohan.henry at cwjamaica.com rohan.henry at cwjamaica.com
Wed May 22 10:58:21 CDT 2013

Inline comments below.

On Wed, 22 May 2013 17:35:35 +1000
 Hugh Irvine <hugh at open.com.au> wrote:

>Hello Rohan -
>
>You can do this more simply by only processing stop records and subtracting the Acct-Session-Time from the Timestamp to get the start time.
>
>This can be done directly in the SQL statement.

Yes. I can get this accomplished using the SQL statement. I was also hoping to make Radiator do the conversion and add the "start time" (not epoch time) to the database. Is this at possible?

>regards
>
>Hugh
>

>On 22 May 2013, at 17:11, Heikki Vatiainen <hvn at open.com.au> wrote:
>
>> On 05/22/2013 12:30 AM, rohan.henry at cwjamaica.com wrote:
>>
>>> Sample records below include one row per session (I haven't yet been able to do a proper conversion of epoch time to date for the START_TIME).
>>
>> You are thinking of consolidating the start and stop records into one
>> session record, did I understand correctly?

Correct.

>> If so, I recommend using an external process, a cron job, database
>> function, etc., to do this. This process or function could select all
>> Stops, look up the respective start with Accounting-Session-Id and then
>> create the combined record.
>>
>> I think you could do this with a Radiator hook that does the
>> consolidation when an Accounting-Request with Acct-Status-Type=stop is
>> received. The downside here would be the need to create and debug the
>> hook and especially the extra processing Radiator needs to do.
>>
>> My choice would be to consider something that runs outside Radiator and
>> does the session consolidation. I would also consider doing this fairly
>> infrequently, maybe daily, if possible.

Thanks. And what implication would this (start/stop records in one session) have on the setup of RADMIN?

Rohan Henry
Server Administrator
Cable And Wireless Jamaica
Phone (876) 936-4819