[RADIATOR] UpdateQuery details

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Sun Mar 3 04:22:52 CST 2013

On 03/01/2013 12:25 PM, Vangelis Kyriakakis wrote:

>       Without defining UpdateQuery in SessionDatabase SQL, Radiator
> updates the contents of the RADONLINE database whenever an Alive packet
> is processed.

Hello Vangelis,

yes, it runs DeleteQuery followed by AddQuery by default if UpdateQuery
is not defined.

>       Manual says: "If UpdateQuery is defined as an empty string, then
> the query will not be executed. The default is the empty string."
>       If I define UpdateQuery will Radiator update the contents of the
> RADONLINE plus do the defined query, or just the second?

The second. If you define UpdateQuery, it will not do the default
action, run DeleteQuery followed by AddQuery, but will only run the
UpdateQuery you have defined.

You should then see something like '... Updating session for ...'
instead of what is otherwise logged.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.