[RADIATOR] AuthBy RADIUS and UseExtendedIds, stripped Proxy-State and strange behavior after 256 requests

Karl Gaissmaier karl.gaissmaier at uni-ulm.de
Sun Jul 14 05:08:04 CDT 2013

Am 14.07.2013 11:35, schrieb Heikki Vatiainen:
> On 07/14/2013 12:17 PM, Karl Gaissmaier wrote:
>
>> it's sunday, really I can wait for answers from your
>> team after weekend ;-)
>
> Heh, I thought I'd save you some work since I understood you were gointo
> to work on the debug log and PacketTrace patch.
>
> The Proxy-State mangling is a bit problematic, though. This attribute is
> the only identifier that currently maps responses to requests with
> RadSec. If the other proxies mangle it, it would be essential to find
> and fix them.

sure, but it's a problem to show the mangled/stripped attr if I can't
decode it. It's just a suspicion, but I've to prove it to force my
upstream proxy (german research network) to look into the config and
rise the debug level, sorry.

Maybe for debug traces in case of unknown replies, you could use
heuristic mappings, since the last 8-Bits of the packet Identifier
should match a pending extended-id from a request.

And you know the host and port from the sender.

I don't know your datastructure in detail where you queue
pending requests, but maybe you can narrow this heuristically
for debugging.

Best Regards
    Charly