[RADIATOR] IPv6 Warning Message

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon Apr 29 15:17:56 CDT 2013

On 04/29/2013 10:32 PM, Johnson, Neil M wrote:

> I'm seeing the following messages in my RADIATOR log files.
>
> Mon Apr 29 14:05:06 2013 223814: WARNING: Need Socket6 to handle IPV6
> addresses in inet_ntop

Most likely you have a NAS that is sending requests which have
attributes carrying IPv6 addresses or prefixes.

> I'm running RADIATOR 4.11 on Windows Server 20008 R2 with ActiveState
> PERL 5.12.2, And yes, our net and the server are IPv6 enabled.
>
> I tried a "ppm install Socket6" and received a "ppm install failed:
> Can't find any package that provides IO:Socket6" Error.

Try this:
ppm install http://www.open.com.au/radiator/free-downloads/Socket6.ppd

This should install Socket6 that matches your Perl version. AS automatic
build infrastructure seems not to have built Socket6 for Perl 5.12.

> I suspect that I I've got something wrong in my config, or I need to
> upgrade my PERL installation.

I think you only need Socket6 and this is not a configuration problem
nor a problem with the Perl installation.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.