[RADIATOR] WiMAX-MSK & WiMAX Capabilities Problem

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Tue Sep 11 05:06:12 CDT 2012

On 09/11/2012 07:59 AM, dhuka wrote:

Hello Dhuka,

> i have some problem regarding WiMAX-MSK & WIMAX Capabilities-->
> WiMAX-Accounting-Capabilities,
>
>  1) WiMAX ASN want to receive WiMAX-MSK in Access-Accept from Radiator, but
> radiator sending different format that has encoded
> MS-MPPE-Send-Key/MS-MPPE-Recv-Key
>    Sep 10 21:55:26 npm-testbed     MS-MPPE-Send-Key =
> <16><7>,rlr<2><14><197><23><219>
> <166><207><4><190>k<199><183><24>W<26><171>5<11><206><150><136><23><220><137>9%
> Sep 10 21:55:26 npm-testbed     MS-MPPE-Recv-Key =
> %y<5>{O<137>|<12><177>Q<248>?<189>8<222>J<189><150><136>Z_R<246><159>}<129><191>{<145><4>@i
>    - how to make radiator just sending WiMAX-MSK attributes?

See if you have option 'MSKInMPPEKeys' enabled in your configuration
file. If the option is enabled it splits the MSK and returns the parts
with MS-MPPE-* attributes.

You can try this to disable the option:
MSKInMPPEKeys 0

> 2) WiMAX ASN want to receive WIMAX Capabilities-->
> WiMAX-Accounting-Capabilities--> Flow-based, but Radiator send with
> different value that is IP-Session-based,
>   - how to solve this?
>
> NB : i used Radiator 4.6

I think the default in Radiator 4.6 is No-Accounting (0). Maybe someone
has already changed this to IP-Session-Based?

To change the value with 4.6 you need to edit Radius/AuthWIMAX.pm and
look for WiMAX-Capabilities. Make a copy of the file first and then
change the value to 2 which means Flow-Based.

Please let us know how it goes.

PS. Could you please tell me the name of the registered company that has
purchased this copy of Radiator?

Please reply to me directly.

Thanks,
Heikki