[RADIATOR] 11.x x509 attributes and windows 8?

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Tue Oct 16 15:35:41 CDT 2012

On 10/16/2012 08:19 PM, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

> does anyone know the special requirements for X.509 certs for 802.11x wifi
> for Windows 8 (if there are any).  We had seen troubles with win8 (and some
> win7) since a few months ago and I cannot find recent, reliable documentation
> on which X.509 attributes windows expects in addition to a sound cert
> chain to a trusted CA anywhere.

I have used Radiator demo certs with Windows 7 and Win 8 pre release.
There's one fix in 4.10 patches that enhances PEAP fast reauthentication
compatibility with Windows. This might be useful if you see problems
with client authenticating successfully first but failing to
reauthenticate later.

>From what I have heard, latest Windows versions come with a small set of
CA certificates and try to download the CA certs when needed. This works
with HTTPS and browsers but obviously can cause problems with network
access. So it might be hard to say what is a sound cert chain if this is
the case.

Thanks,
Heikki

> Any hints or known to work setups (private reply is fine)  would be
> appreciated.
>
> /bz
>
> (sorry for the slightly offtopic question)

NetWare etc.