[RADIATOR] Authorization delay problem SQL

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Nov 22 16:33:10 CST 2012

Hello Ricardo -

In my consulting practice I almost always find that splitting the configuration up into multiple separate Radiator instances is the preferred approach.

I generally end up with a single RADIUS "frontend" authentication process (and a single TACACS "frontend" process if required), that classifies the requests according to whatever makes sense in the particular environment and then proxies the requests to individual "backend" processes for each class of request. I also use a separate process for RADIUS accounting.

This approach is *much* easier to understand and manage, and it is very easy to add new classes of processing, simply by adding a Handler to the "frontend" instance and the corresponding "backend" instance.

Common elements of the configuration can be kept in single files that are included in each instance that requires them (using the "include" directive).

If you have any questions feel free to contact me.