[RADIATOR] Alvarion 4Motion and Radiator Explicit Mode Integration

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Wed May 30 08:09:21 CDT 2012

On 05/29/2012 06:39 PM, Edgar Espinoza wrote:
> Thank you both Leigh and Heikki for your responses. Based on the type of attributes send back to Alvarion's ASN, the system determines if you are working in implicit or explicit mode, see below:

Thanks for the example. Most of the attributes are already in Radiator's
dictionary but do you have documentation about the ones starting with
Alvarion-?

Google finds something, but if you have a definitive source, please let
us know.

> Implicit mode example:
> ionmfid at alvarion.ro Cleartext-Password := "1234"
>        Filter-Id = ionm,
>        Session-Timeout = 600,
>        Termination-Action = Radius-Request,
>
> Explicit mode example for one use with 1 IPCS flow and classifier based on DSCP 6:
> ionm at alvarion.ro Cleartext-Password := "1234"
>         Service-Type = Framed-User,
>         WiMAX-IP-Technology = 3,

Already in dictionary

>         Session-Timeout = 600,
>         Termination-Action = Radius-Request,
>        Alvarion-R3-IF-Name = mgmt,
>        Alvarion-PDFID = 1,

Would need the definitions for the above two.

>        WiMAX-Packet-Data-Flow-Id = 1,
>        WiMAX-Direction = 3,
>        WiMAX-Transport-Type = 1,
>       WiMAX-Uplink-QOS-Id = 1,
>        WiMAX-Downlink-QOS-Id = 1,

These all are carried within WiMAX-Packet-Flow-Descriptor and are
already in dictionary. The names are a bit different, no WiMAX prefix in
Radiator's dictionary. Look for WiMAX-Packet-Flow-Descriptor in
dictionary and the above are defined there.

With Radiator you would do something like this:

AddToReply WiMAX-Packet-Flow-Descriptor =
"Packet-Data-Flow-ID=1,Direction=Bi-Directional,Transport-Type=IPv4-CS,Uplink-QOS-Id=1,Downlink-QOS-Id=1"

That's a static configuration in a configuration file, but you can of
course store this e.g., in a SQL DB.

Additional twist is there's also WiMAX-Packet-Flow-Descriptor-V2 which
is defined by a later WiMAX docs and looks similar but has a different
type value :(

The docs should tell which one is needed.

>        Alvarion-WiMAX-Classifier = 0x010301020301040303070518183f,

Would need the definition for this Alvarion attribute too.

>        WiMAX-QoS-Id = 1,
>        WiMAX-Schedule-Type = 2,
>        WiMAX-Traffic-Priority = 1,
>        WiMAX-Maximum-Sustained-Traffic-Rate = 10000

These all are carried within WiMAX-QoS-Descriptor similar to
WiMAX-Packet-Flow-Descriptor.

> I already have a server working fine with Alvarion 4M in Implicit mode but I require one that works in 'Explicit Mode' to enable additional information about a service profile. This new AAA server needs to be able to support Alvarion's R3-IF-Descriptor attribute, etc.
>
> If this sounds familiar I would really appreciate any and all configuration information.

I think the support in Radiator is already there and we just need to
find out what the Alvarion- attributes are.

Thanks!
Heikki

NetWare etc.