[RADIATOR] Alvarion 4Motion and Radiator Explicit Mode Integration

Edgar Espinoza eespinoza at pcs-tech.com
Tue May 29 10:39:19 CDT 2012

Thank you both Leigh and Heikki for your responses. Based on the type of attributes send back to Alvarion's ASN, the system determines if you are working in implicit or explicit mode, see below:

Implicit mode example:
ionmfid at alvarion.ro Cleartext-Password := "1234"
       Filter-Id = ionm,
       Session-Timeout = 600,
       Termination-Action = Radius-Request,

Explicit mode example for one use with 1 IPCS flow and classifier based on DSCP 6:
ionm at alvarion.ro Cleartext-Password := "1234"
        Service-Type = Framed-User,
        WiMAX-IP-Technology = 3,
        Session-Timeout = 600,
        Termination-Action = Radius-Request,
       Alvarion-R3-IF-Name = mgmt,
       Alvarion-PDFID = 1,
       WiMAX-Packet-Data-Flow-Id = 1,
       WiMAX-Direction = 3,
       WiMAX-Transport-Type = 1,
      WiMAX-Uplink-QOS-Id = 1,
       WiMAX-Downlink-QOS-Id = 1,
       Alvarion-WiMAX-Classifier = 0x010301020301040303070518183f,
       WiMAX-QoS-Id = 1,
       WiMAX-Schedule-Type = 2,
       WiMAX-Traffic-Priority = 1,
       WiMAX-Maximum-Sustained-Traffic-Rate = 10000

I already have a server working fine with Alvarion 4M in Implicit mode but I require one that works in 'Explicit Mode' to enable additional information about a service profile. This new AAA server needs to be able to support Alvarion's R3-IF-Descriptor attribute, etc.

If this sounds familiar I would really appreciate any and all configuration information.

Regards,
Edgar Espinoza
PCS Technologies