[RADIATOR] Upgrade Challenges to 4.9

Michael Hulko mihulko at uwo.ca
Wed May 9 12:36:45 CDT 2012

I am attempting to upgrade our radius from 4.5.1 to the latest version 4.9.  In addition of upgrading Radiator itself, I am also upgrading the version of ActivePerl from 5.6.x to 5.12.x.

Stepping through the installation instructions and pointing the repository to open.au.com for the Win32-LSA.pm module, it would appear that everything was in order.   However, two problems arose...

First, when attempting to run the radiusd daemon from the command line prior to running the test script, I receive an error:  " 'all' is not defined in %NET::LDAP::Constant::EXPORT_TAGS at (eval 62) line 191.  When I run the test.pl script, everything checks out.  Not quite sure about what I am missing?

Second...after i create a service and copy the original files and certs into the directory, I get the following message when I start the service in the logfile:

"ERR: Compliation error in PostAuthHook: Can't continue after import errors at (eval 68) line 191
BEGIN failed--compliation aborted at (eval 68) line 191"

I have tested authentication to the server, and it appears to work, however, I am concerned that something will break later.  This is a Windows Server 2003 box.  Any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated. Attached is the original radius config I inheirted. (please do not critique the config)