[RADIATOR] a logging question

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Fri Mar 2 03:06:22 CST 2012

On 03/01/2012 12:12 PM, Eike Lohmann wrote:

Hello Eike,

> With Trace 3 i get a clean radius logfile with ERRORS and :
> e.g.
> Thu Mar  1 10:30:19 2012: NOTICE: Server started: Radiator 4.8 on hostxy
> Thu Mar  1 10:56:29 2012: INFO: Access rejected for user1234: Bad Password
> Thu Mar  1 10:58:18 2012: INFO: Access rejected for user666: No such user
>
> I think cause of LogFailure 1 is default.

LogFailure does not affect the above. Radiator will always log
authentication failures using INFO level. These messages will go to
Radiator log file if Trace is set to 3 or larger. It does not matter if
LogFailure is 0 or 1.

> After a server restart, 'smal' config change etc. it will be a good feeling also
> to see the LogSuccess in this file, but I wonder how to do this.
>
> Do I have to define something like this and can I use the same logfile, defined
> at the beginning of my configuration? (LogFile         /var/log/radiator/radius.log)

I recommend using the configuration you have below. This will keep
Radiator's messages separated from results of authentication. If you
want to, you can specify AuthLog Filename as
/var/log/radiator/radius.log to get everything in one file, but in
practice separate files are usually easier to follow.

Thanks!
Heikki