[RADIATOR] Radiator 4.10 make test errors

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon Jul 16 02:25:16 CDT 2012

On 07/16/2012 05:27 AM, John Coy wrote:

Hello John,

>> I am in the process of moving my Radius server to a cloud-based server
>> on Rackspace.com <http://Rackspace.com/>.  The cloud server is running
>> Ubuntu Linux 12.04 LTS.

Ubuntu 12.04 should work well. I have used it myself e.g, in a recent
upgrade from 8.04.

>> I downloaded the latest Radiator version 4.10 from your site, and also
>> downloaded the patches which I applied.
>>
>> When I run "make test" I get the following test failures:

The tests in set 5 have requests that are proxied to a secondary server
listening to interface 'localhost'. This Ubuntu 12.04 has /etc/hosts
with localhost 127.0.0.1 and ipv6-localhost ::1

You should verify there are no firewall rules blocking traffic over
loopback.

If this is not a firewall problem, edit radius2.cfg and add 'Trace 4' to
options. Then run 'perl test.pl -tests=5' and see the contents of
logfile2. This will show if requests were proxied correctly and what the
secondary server did.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Heikki