[RADIATOR] Diameter RFC 4006

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Thu Jul 12 16:43:55 CDT 2012

On 07/12/2012 12:18 PM, Bernard Aoun wrote:

> Will the Radiator support the Diameter RFC 4006 ?

There is already some support for Diameter Credit-Control messages, but
the application itself would need to be implemented by the user.

>From what I have seen in practice is the DCC application is tied closely
to things such as: the service provider's customer database, different
billing plans the provider offers for its subscribers and details of the
actual messages e.g., provider's GGSNs sends to Diameter server (Radiator).

In other words, my view is that creating a generic Diameter
Credit-Control Application would be very hard because of different
requirements and needs each operator has.

What Radiator already offers is stable Diameter server interface, well
working state machine and way to define any required attributes for
handling incoming DCCA messages. What would be needed is making sure
DCCA message contents are properly processed or translated so they can
be handled as RADIUS messages.

In summary: The Diameter interface for talking Diameter works well but
the actual DCC application would need implementing and is likely tied to
the users existing databases, plans and other details.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.