[RADIATOR] Radiator monitoring solutions

Traiano Welcome Traiano.Welcome at mtnbusiness.co.za
Fri Jan 13 04:31:11 CST 2012

Hi

I use CACTI to monitor radiusd's SNMP interfaces (see attached sample
graphs), MUNIN has wonderful plugins for graphing a backend postgresql db,
and I use a custom written Nagios plugin perl wrapper around radpwtst
which actually auths and sends acct start/stop packets to my radiusd
servers. Between these three pieces of open source software I haven't had
the need to look at any commercial software.
With the attached graphs we can do things like look at trends in radius
packet traffic, database performance impact and storage utilization, as
well as spot radius service failures using Nagios which are sent straigh
to the NoC.

The beauty of CACTI, MUNIN and Nagios is that  all the plugins and
configuration has mostly been developed by the open source community
already, so only a little modification and integration is required to get
it playing nicely with the rest of one's infrastructure.

Regards,
Traiano