[RADIATOR] Radiator 4.9 with Postgres 8.4 on FreeBSD 8.2: Performance Analysis and Tuning

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Wed Jan 4 10:30:18 CST 2012

On 01/04/2012 12:45 AM, Hugh Irvine wrote:
>> I note that my current Radiator configuration results in only one
>> connection to the backend postgresql db. Might there be some performance
>> gains to be made in parallelising connections from radiator to the db? If
>> so, how would I configure this in Radiator ?
>>

> You would run multiple instances of Radiator - the easiest way to do this is with "FarmSize n".
>
> See section 5.6.39 in the Radiator 4.9 reference manual ("doc/ref.pdf").

I'll just add one more possibility: you could consider a <Handler
Request-Type=Accounting-Request> which would then use e.g. AuthBy
HASHBALANCE to distribute accouting requests to multiple Radiator
instances listening on loopback address. These instances would then push
the accounting requests into the database.

Thanks!
Heikki

NetWare etc.