[RADIATOR] Some Authentication Not Getting Logged

Joseph A. Lanager jlanag at engr.psu.edu
Mon Aug 6 14:57:24 CDT 2012

Hello,

We'e been running Radiator for almost 10 years now and never had any trouble retrieving any user authentication log information until just recently.  At least twice in the last few weeks we've found that there are no start and stop times logged for some users.  However, the system otherwise appears to be functioning normally.  We see no general system errors and other user authentication is still being logged at those same times.  Nothing has changed with the handler configuration on the current Linux RADIUS server for several years now and the only changes to the system are the regular Red Hat updates that come out.  Has anyone seen this behavior before or have any ideas where to start looking for a possible cause?

Thank you,

Joe Lanager
The Pennsylvania State University