[RADIATOR] Migration From Freeradius

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Tue Oct 25 05:16:30 CDT 2011

On 10/25/2011 01:27 AM, Jennyanydots Napoleon Shoehorn wrote:

Hello,

> My auth's mainly working but I need some general assistance getting the
> following working. Have started with the chilli-radmin.cfg file with
> some added enhancements.
>
> 1. Group check, including download limits, session timeouts etc.

Radmin has service profiles for grouping. Th

Note that

> 2. How to authenticate against a nas-id, not an ip. We need a shared
> secret per nas

Called-Station-Id MAC address is already supported. If you configure
your client like this <Client MAC:00-11-22-33-44-55> Radiator will try
to match this against Called-Station-Id in the incoming request.

The two formats for CSI are supported: separated by dashes (-) or
without separaters e.g.: 001122334455

If e.g. SSID is appended to the MAC address, it is ignored and does not
cause problems for matching the MAC.

> 3. Hunt group implementation - allow, disallow access per network

The Identifier in Client clause can be used as a hunt group identifier.
So if you configure multiple clients with the same Identifier, use
IdenticalClients or ClientListSQL, you can group NASes to groups under
the same Identifier.

For example:
<Client 10.2.3.4>
  Identifier group1
  IdenticalClients 10.2.3.5
</Client>

<Handler Client-Identifier=group1>

The handler would then be used for requests from 10.2.3.4 and 10.2.3.

Another alternative might be to use Client-Identifier value with AuthBy
SQL. The Client-Identifier would be part of AuthSelect SQL query values
when pulling data from the DB for the user.