[RADIATOR] New eToken PASS import files have longer secret keys (64 chars vs. 48 chars)

Linuxchuck linuxchuck at n-force.com
Mon May 16 09:54:20 CDT 2011

Mike, apologies in advance for the double-post to you.  Since this is a little time-sensitive, I am posting this to the list.

I just received an update from Safenet.  Here is the quoted response:

"""
eToken PASS 6.2 use SHA256 as default hashing algorithm, hence the longer seed.
See for example http://www.openauthentication.org/webfm_send/47.

We have 3 options:

1) Ask your radius vendor to support HMAC-SHA256
2) Reprogram the tokens with SHA1 (Programmer is available, part number 13681, around 390.- €)
3) Replace the tokens with SHA1 programmed tokens.

For the latter I have to first check the current process on ordering them.
"""

So my questions are:  how long will it take to add SHA256 support, and is that even a feasible request?
If this is something I need to request through our official support channel (we have a support contract), just say the word, and I'll send it through.

This is something of a time-sensitive issue.  We have clients waiting to be issued their tokens.

Thanks