[RADIATOR] LDAP, crypt, hook

romans at cc.technion.ac.il romans at cc.technion.ac.il
Mon May 16 03:14:44 CDT 2011

We use Radiator for authentication WPA2 wireless via LDAP.

Users passwords are stored inside LDAP in CRYPT form and we have a possibility
to receive the same CRYPTed string from a clear-text password by executing

crypt <crypted-string-from-LDAP> <clear-text-from NAS-Request>

in perl script.

I.e. first according to User-Name in NAS-request we need to receive an answer
from LDAP, then execute script and then we need to compare the resulting
crypted string with <crypted-string-from-LDAP> and only after all this send a
reply to NAS.

But we don't know how can it be done in Radiator conf-file, what hook we need
to use to achieve the result.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance,

Roman