[RADIATOR] radpwtest for EAP/TTL, EAP/TTLS and PEAP

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Wed Mar 23 07:34:34 CDT 2011

On 03/22/2011 01:15 PM, Karl Gaissmaier wrote:

>> eapol_test from the wpa_supplicant package can do lots of good things
>
> My nagios installation is running under Solaris 10 und I think
> wpa_supplicant may not be supported for Solaris 10.

You should try compiling eapol_test even if the host is running Solaris
10. If you disable all Linux and other OS specific settings from .config
it seems to compile. I had problems with final linking, but I suspect
this is more of a problem with the environment and I did not investigate
further.

My .config had these settings enabled which means e.g.,
CONFIG_DRIVER_ATMEL was commented out.

CONFIG_BACKEND=file
CONFIG_CTRL_IFACE=y
CONFIG_EAP_GTC=y
CONFIG_EAP_LEAP=y
CONFIG_EAP_MD5=y
CONFIG_EAP_MSCHAPV2=y
CONFIG_EAP_OTP=y
CONFIG_EAP_PEAP=y
CONFIG_EAP_TLS=y
CONFIG_EAP_TTLS=y
CONFIG_IEEE8021X_EAPOL=y
CONFIG_L2_PACKET=none
CONFIG_PEERKEY=y
CONFIG_PKCS12=y
CONFIG_SMARTCARD=y

> Would be nice if RADIATOR could test all supported AuthBy Handlers with the radpwtest.

That would duplicate lots of existing work from eapol_test. Please let
us know of results if you decide to try to compile it on Solaris.

Thanks!

NetWare etc.